Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back from CHA!

As many of you know CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) was held in L.A. this year, January 28th through February 1st.  Education began on the 28th with the trade show opening on the 29th.  As usual the creative inspiration and talent at this show was huge!!!  The booths were all decked out in their finest, and the talented designers were sharing their latest and greatest products and techniques.  When I say all decked out - I truly mean it.  Take a look at this dress which was part of a beautiful display of dresses all made of paper. This is only one of the beautiful dresses in the display at Die Cuts With a View.  Absolutely gorgeous, I cannot imagine how long it took to put this display together. CHA truly is a feast for the eyes, I wish I could just blink my eyes and bring it all back to share with you.  One definitely saw a trend with banners, mini and jumbo, flowers of every sort, and birds.  Creative home decor items were also very popular amongst the displays.  Bottle caps seem to be making a comeback and also mini bottle caps.  Bling is still popular in many forms, the Mark Richards booth had some beautiful flourishes with just the right delicate touch of bling and then there were the Nestablings - bling already in the shape of the many beautiful Nestabilitie shapes from Spellbinder's.  Over the next couple of posts I hope to share a little bit more of my CHA experience with you.  Until then ...
Creatively yours,
Sharon

1 comment:

Jennifer Reynard said...

Gorgeous dresses! Can't believe they
are made out of paper!