Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Challenge Yourself!

Project design ©Sharon M. Reinhart
printed papers from Susan K. Weckesser
Hi All!  Thought I would share this creation with you. My challenge was to work with colors that are not my norm. I was inspired by Susan Weckesser's printed papers. I have always enjoyed creating backgrounds and recently have been using more acrylic paints in my card backgrounds. However, as time goes or the lack of time, sometimes I want to create the look of a mixed media background but either don't have one ready or that block of time to create it is not available. That's how these papers inspired me, they resembled some of the paint or ink layering techniques that I enjoy doing.  I encourage you to visit Susan's website using this link. Besides wonderful papers, she also has rubber stamps and stencils. While you are there check out her blog!
Back to this card, it is quite simple and involves creating a teabag folded medallion using the circle fold and pearl text weight paper. The other papers are all from  Susan K. Weckesser and four of her lines; Live in Color Tags, Color Burst, Live in Color and Live, Love, Create, even the sentiment, which is printed on the edge of the paper and the name of one of the lines. It worked perfectly, trim the words out, edge with some Distress frayed burlap ink, cut or punch a notch and add a rhinestone accent. I used one of her stamps to create the look of a flower stem coming from the teabag folded medallion. The leaves are punched using a Martha Stewart punch. A little pencil smudging around the birdie and some Tombow and Spica markers on the butterfly and voila! I was pleased with the results.  Hope you are too!
Creatively Yours,
Sharon

No comments: