Monday, September 10, 2018

Journey back to Creativity!

Designed by Sharon M. Reinhart September 2018

I am happy to say that I am back! I also apologize for the long hiatus, been devoting the majority of my time to my Dad who has some major heath issues. I realize though that I also need to allow my self the opportunity to do some of the things that are important to me -- and creating, sharing, teaching, writing, designing are some of the things besides family that are important to me.

So it is my goal to regularly post and hopefully inspire some of you!

Lets get to it! Thanks to Carole Crawford from Paper Pastimes in Calgary who recommended this die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs to me. I was looking for some creative inspiration and I believe I found it. The Christmas season is truly one of my favorites and one of my favorites to create for, whether it be cards, favors, décor, etc.

I have chosen cards simple in design that a beginner could create quite easily and one that I think an advanced crafter could also appreciate. These snowflakes are quite possibly the most beautiful I have seen. They have been created with a die-template and not only are they simply beautiful but they have dimensional aspects built right into the die-cut. By simply lifting elements of the design up it is easy to create dimension without even layering multiple die-cuts. They die-cut beautifully! This set is #1409 Ornate Snowflakes. Please know that I do not receive compensation from Elizabeth Craft Designs however that being said you will always get my honest opinion!

Now I must say that I am also in the mode of using up some of my beautiful papers that are discontinued and that I was not able to use for publication or when I was writing for publications such as CardMaker Magazine. (miss that magazine and the wonderful people I had the pleasure of working with over many years) So you know what they say, seize the opportunity! This is mine and your opportunity to pull out some of those beautiful papers and give them life once again!

The NOEL die template is a Spellbinders die set called Ho Ho Ho Holiday 2017 #S2-266, that I was demonstrating with last year at the Scrapbook Carnival at Spruce Meadows which is still showing available on their website.

Add some glitter with adhesive rhinestones and stickles glitter glue, a stamped or die-cut greeting and these cards are good to go!

As you can see an A2 card can change its appearance just by changing the orientation from portrait (tis the season card) to landscape as shown in the NOEL card.

I truly hope that you have been inspired to create!
Creatively Yours,
Sharon

No comments: