Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stamping Inspiration!

I was sorting through some things and came across this card from my past. I remember making this card for a class and I just loved how it turned out. When I first started making cards I started as a rubber stamping enthusiast, I still have a love for rubber stamping but for many other techniques and mediums as well. This particular card utilized vellum, chiyogami paper, pearl paper, threads and of course a rubber stamp. The image was stamped on vellum with permanent ink (Memories Artprint Brown) and then stamped again on pearl card stock and heat embossed with gold. The color of the cardstock on the embossed image was removed in specific areas by painting bleach onto the surface. The image was trimmed around and adhered onto the scroll using foam mounting tape. Paper beads made with the same Chiyogami paper that is layered on the card, adorn the edges of a wooden skewer  at top left and right and another bead with threads at the center bottom. The reason I am sharing this card with you is that it was one of my favorites but also because some techniques and cards are timeless. It can also be a useful tool to revisit some of the techniques you have used in the past especially if you are in need of some inspiration. Hope this card inspires you to create!
Creatively yours,
Sharon

1 comment:

Jennifer Reynard said...

Wow, this definitely needs to be framed! Stunning work!