Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Greetings!

Project Design ©Sharon M. Reinhart 2013
As this is officially the first day of Spring I thought it only fitting to share a spring theme card. Can you tell this is one of my favorite tea-bag folds? This one begins with the basic circle fold and then one progression, quite simple. If you would like a class on tea-bag folding, iris folding and some fun folds I encourage you to check the free preview of my Fabulous Paper Folds online class at Annies! Not only do you learn all the folds and tons of progressions in the video, but there are also 16 card projects with complete step-by-step instructions that may be downloaded.
Back to this card. I purposely left off any sentiment as I felt this particular card would be perfect for a variety of occasions such as Easter, Mother's Day, Baby, Just Because and Happy Birthday! It is a quick one to put together. The embossed polka dot panel was created using a Darice embossing folder. The printed paper is from Doodlebug design (I don't believe it is current though), look in your stash of papers, as I did, and use a bright print that you already have. The pink card base is Bazzill Bling and the dies -- Floral Doily Accent and Pennants are from Spellbinder's TM. The large pearl brad in the center of the tea-bag fold medallion is from the Bridal section at Michael's and the three small pearls are from Kaisercraft. Hope this card helps to put a little "Spring" in your step even if the weather in your area may not look very spring like!
Creatively Yours,
Sharon

No comments: