Monday, June 24, 2013

Thinking of You!

My post today firstly goes out to the people of Calgary and Southern Alberta who have been impacted by the recent unprecedented floods. I have been one of the fortunate ones, yes everyone has been impacted in some way whether it be business, jobs, personal, friends or family that have sustained loss. I say I am fortunate as my home is in an area that if you did not watch the news you wouldn't have known the devastation that was occurring in other areas. I am also fortunate with respect to my family who were also spared. So we do count our blessings today. My thoughts and prayers go out to the thousands who were less fortunate and those families who have also lost loved ones. You have been through a great deal and I know the days to come in the restoration process will be stressful and laborious. On a positive note I would like to extend my appreciation to everyone who has been and will continue to work endlessly for the benefit of the citizens of Calgary and Southern Alberta. Bravo!!
I chose to share this Thinking of You card today as a way of letting the people of Calgary know that "yes, we are thinking of you now and in the days to come as your lives and this city is restored!"

This card has been created using a new line of rubber stamps designed by my friend and fellow designer Ann Butler and manufactured by Unity Stamps. These wonderful gems are collections of one inch and two inch stamps. They are referenced as faux quilting stamps, but as you can see they are great for a variety of techniques, especially tea bag folding. I used a one inch square stamp from the Doily Picnic set along with Chestnut Roan fluid chalk ink for the tea bag fold medallion shown on the left side. Then I used the triangle (half square) for the horizontal decorative strip. Can't wait to get my hands on the two inch stamps as well! Congratulations Ann!
Creatively Yours, Sharon.

No comments: