Friday, May 3, 2019

Same supplies - different card!

Card project designed by Sharon M. Reinhart
Well I was on a mission to go through my supplies and organize. My mission ended quickly once I found all of the leftover kits from previous card classes and make and takes! I was still on a mission, but more of a creative one rather than a cleaning one! The mission if I accepted was to take these card kits and without adding more supplies switch the card design up! I gladly accepted this mission and thought I would share the results with you.

The original card was basically the card on the left but without the extra aqua card base. The tea bag fold was a basic triangle tea bag fold using squares of Recollections paper and the white base was pressure embossed and then dots of craft paint were added as an accent using the end of a paint brush using a dip-dot method. You can also use a stylus for this as well. Just dip the instrument into the craft paint and then dot onto your cardstock. The craft paint was also used to color the layered square of cardstock underneath the die-cut square simply using a sponge.

The first switch up (on the left) was to trim the panel to fit the aqua card base. This was another find in my inventory, pre-made note cards that had a beautiful silver embossed double frame on the front. The first switch up entailed using only a single silver frame. The second change on this card was to add a bit of Stickles glitter glue to the silver brad and random paint dots.

The second switch up (card on the right) was made into a side-fold portrait card. The fold made use of a progression fold, starting with a basic triangle fold and then folding the top left and right points under to the center to create this beautifully textured square design in the center. If you are interested in tea bag folding and looking for more progressions you may wish to check out my Fabulous Paper Folds online class or DVD, I share the basics and then a multitude of progressions! To change this design a little further I trimmed the white panel a little smaller to make use of the double silver frame on the pre-made card base. The other switch up was to use two more squares of the printed paper that was used for the tea bag fold as a layering element underneath the die-cut square.

So if you have left-over kits or bits and pieces from previous creations, challenge yourself to make something new using the same supplies. Hope you are inspired to create!
Creatively Yours,
Sharon

4 comments:

Marlene said...

This card is an inspiration for sure. Lovely!!

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

love the card, and REALLY LOVE the teabag folding.. would love to see more of this done!

Sharon M. Reinhart said...

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
So glad that you were inspired Marlene!
Penny, tea bag folding is fun and truly not as
hard as it looks.
Glad you liked it, I will be sure to include more
tea bag folding in future posts.

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

Sharon, I've been doing teabag folding for 20 years...I love the craft and think it makes awesome additions to cards..if you're on Facebook, you might care to see some of my cards, etc..look particularly under my "photos", then "albums"
https://www.facebook.com/pwessenauer
or search for Penny Wessenauer in Facebook