Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Card resources






Hi there, I am straying away from Easter and St. Patricks Cards today. I was looking for some smaller envelopes and came across these ThankYou notes at a dollar store. The envelopes are 4 x 5 1/2, and the cards are 3-3/4 x5, the price was great, I just wanted the envelopes and for the $2.00 price for 24 it really didn’t matter what I used the card for. They actually are a Hallmark brand as well. I did have to try to see how I could incorporate this card into a handmade card. I think it turned out quite well. I cut the front off the note card and trimmed slightly and layered to a 4 x 5-1/2, navy card base. I trimmed navy card stock to cover the ThankYou sentiment, then I grabbed some printed paper, this
one is pretty old by the way. I fussy cut the flowers and adhered to the navy Center. Next I applied antique linen distress ink to a simple strips stamped and die-cut greeting that had been stamped onto white card stock. Tip here, I pre-Stamp my simple strips on white card stock and then if they need to be coloured I customize to that particular card. I used the other half of the note card for the card
inside. I love the gold foil lines and I didn’t have to pull out my foiling machine. So remember sometimes you can cheat a bit and still end up with a handmade card. It’s really not cheating as instead of a printed paper layer I used a notecard front. Simple and easy!
Creatively Yours,
Sharon



No comments: