Monday, August 15, 2011

From Card to Home Decor!

Design ©Sharon M. Reinhart 2011
Two areas of paper crafting that I really enjoy are cardmaking and home decor projects. Well for this project I made use of a card that I had created for a recent CardMaker newsletter article -- From Trash to Treasured Cards, not only were the flowers created using an old phone book, Spellbinders scallop dies and inks, but now I have also repurposed the card into a home decor piece. I layered the card onto beautiful embossed daisy paper and then placed the project into an Ikea frame. So, go take a look at your collection of cards, maybe some of them would make a perfect home decor piece. Time and time again I look at wall decor pieces in the store and say "I can make that" and I never take the time out to do it, so this was a step in the right direction. There is hope for me yet!  Enjoy!
Creatively yours,
Sharon
Blog Hop Button Finished on the 15th: FaveCrafts Blog Hop for August

1 comment:

Jennifer Reynard said...

Smashing!! Love how you pulled this all together. Bet it looks even better in real life!!