Thursday, January 31, 2019

Recycled Gift Bag

Gift bag repurposing project by Sharon M. Reinhart January 2019

Stopping by with a cute recycling project. I have a collection of little gift bags that are too cute to send to the recycling bin and with Valentine's Day being the next special occasion, I thought why not re-purpose these cute bags. The original bag is white with black printing and cording handles and rose pink colored ribbon.

I chose to trim the rose pink ribbon away and utilize it for something else, it wasn't quite the right pink to go with the printed paper I had selected. The next step is to measure the width of the bag and also the height of the printed area on the bag. Remember to do everything times two so that you can decorate both sides of the bag. Next cut your papers to your measurements and layer. I love the cardstock from Canvas Corp, it is simply a 12 inch piece of cardstock with a black base that has the word love printed in white with a pretty script font throughout the paper. I have chosen to cut two narrow strips to accent the top and bottom of the printed pink and white paper. This also co-ordinates with the black cording that came on the bag. Next I cut different heart shapes and layered them on top adding a second heart to the center one and also at the top of the bag where the rose pink ribbon was trimmed away. Voila! a quick but cute project that I am sure will be used for some treat giving this Valentine's! Hope you are inspired to create!
Creatively yours,
Sharon

No comments: