Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Time to Celebrate 2019!

Designed by Sharon M. Reinhart December 2018

Happy New Year to each of you! I hope that 2019 will be a great year for all and that we will be able to feed our creative souls throughout the year! Just a quick little post today, its about using what you have when you do not have a theme specific design. I wanted to create a card for the New Year and didn't have stamps that were specific to New Years. Can you believe it? I know I can't either, although maybe its more about my organization or lack of organization right now. Anyway I pulled out some background stamps from the Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge set and a clock and sentiment stamp from a Technique Tuesday set.

The background was created with the horizontal lines stamped in red ink, splatter in black ink and once dry I also heat embossed a second set of splatter with silver embossing powder. An additional clock was created and also heat embossed with silver and then die-cut using a Spellbinder's circle die template. The hands of the clock have been stamped with red ink and a mini silver brad attached to the center.  The sentiment, perfect for New Year's or any celebration was stamped with red ink and then layered onto red cardstock followed by the beautiful glitter paper. A little secret here, I didn't have any silver glitter paper but I did have this beautiful gift bag and cut it apart to create my glitter layer -- another way to recycle! I truly hope you are inspired to create! Until next time, All the Best to You and Yours!
Creatively Yours,
Sharon

No comments: